Joe along with wife Rae and daughters Jade & Erin live in Johannesburg or Jo'burg as it is affectionately called; situated on the Highveld (Highlands) at about 1,700 meters above sea level. It is the most populace city with in excess of 10 million people in the Greater Johannesburg and is the hub of the South African economy. Joe established Due-South Motorcycle Tours back in 2007 as a method of blurring the lines between work and play. Riding several thousand kilometers each year taking every opportunity to get out of the big city in order to ride the brilliant roads South Africa is blessed with and share with you! A selection of set tours
have and are still being developed over about 8 years encapsulating the ethos of the the company and offering the best South Africa has to offer the motorcycle tourist. You are invited to come along on a special ride...
Our motorcycling ethos lends itself to avoidance of the usual tourist traps while focusing on the purity of riding a superb motorcycle in a small intimate group whilst traversing of the planets most superlatively diverse landscapes. Enjoying excellent and diverse accommodation with good food and a beer or two in the evenings, often a bottle of quality SA wine has been known to be enjoyed. Sharing a motorcycle trip with like minded people adds to the overall enjoyment. Memories are made of this...
Why Tour With Due South Motorcycle Tours?
Reasons given for choosing a specific operator are many and varied. Hopefully the set below will strike a cord with you and you will choose Due South based on our uncomplicated and simplistic outlook on motorcycle touring:
- Owner Run. Joe guides each tour and prides himself on offering an overall package which will ensure the rider and pillion leave this beautiful country with fond memories and an itch to get back for more.
- Insider Info. Riding with Due South will allow you to enjoy the experience gathered over the past decade ensuring you enjoy the best routes, best sights and best stops en route. We expose you to the quaint local spots many tourist simply miss out on.
- Sterile Tourist Avoidance. We avoid the regimented “formula” mentality so often associated with the overly commercial motorcycle tour offerings; which unfortunately have become commonplace.
- Quality of Bikes. The bikes are all current model and low mileage making for superb, reliable riding.
- Quality of Accommodations & Meals. We recognize that overnight stops and meals are an event in themselves. The spots are all hand picked and unpretentious; rather designed for a great overnight experience as opposed to sterile ’hotel’ stop.
- Rider Cap. This point cannot be overemphasized... All tours are capped at 7 bikes ensuring the overall experience for all is enhanced; encouraging great camaraderie and high spirits. Experienced riders, newbies and pillions alike are welcome.
Why Motorcycle Touring - South Africa?
Great question! South Africa offers the motorcycling tourist a unique blend of great riding, scenery and wildlife which is hard to find anywhere else on the planet:
Roads & Riding. The road's are well maintained and the choice of routes are along some of the planets best motorbike riding roads, often superior to those found in Europe and the US. Roads are un-congested and traffic is light outside the cities making for amazing riding.
Scenery & Diversity. Much of South Africa is on a plateau, the geography lend itself to a wide variety of scenery and climactic conditions. Mediterranean, tropical, sub-tropical, semi-desert, desert, plains, mountain passes and ports meander up down and across this vast open land.
Accommodation & Meals. Accommodation is hugely diverse from quaint Boutique hotels, lovely Guesthouses to a Bush Camp Big5 experience in the Greater Kruger National Park. All accommodations are hand picked for their unique character and ambiance. South African cooking is scrumptious, in the Cape the 'Cape Malay' dishes are quite unique and special as is the succulent Karoo Lamb dishes, a wide variety of superb fish is also always on offer. The good old South African 'Braai' (BBQ) always goes down well!
Wildlife. The Big5 (Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Rhino, Buffalo) and much... much more, over 140 species of mammal, 100 species of reptile and 500+ species of bird! The sea offers up a huge variety of fish, crustacean and mammals including the majestic 'Southern Right' Whale which, in season, can be viewed from shore as the cows bring their calves into the bays. The 'Great White' Shark makes it the 'Big7' ... these incomparable predators are viewed at sea Cage Diving on our tours which cover the Cape.
Owner Run. Many motorcycle tours are 'conducted' by salaried employees who have strict company guidelines to follow. Due South happens to be one of those smaller operations which prefers to make changes on the 'hoof' if and when required. This ensures riders enjoy the best possible experience. After almost a decade running tours across this spectacular country Joe continues to prefer smaller groups which has a myriad of advantages over the aforementioned 'company' tours. Never feel like a tourist, short fuel stops (cannot underline more...), safety (large unfamiliar groups on motorcycle are innately less safe!!!)... just so much better!!!
Click here to choose your bike